- First there was a two week vacation in Japan. It was a great start for a new phase in my life. Japan is very different from any western or Asian country I've visited before. It was a rich and wonderful experience, especially it was since a very long time that I didn't have to bother about emails, work and the lot. It was how a vacation should be, really time to relax and recharge.
- I've a long list of chores in and around the house that I'm working on. Until now I've cleaned out and throw away a lot of junk. I'm always surprised how easy it is to collect a lot of stuff, it's now slowly getting less. The list plus some more need to be done before going back to work again.
- I'm spending more time on my blogging, what was necessary because I had been neglecting it a bit. Now I've more time it's also more fun and rewarding to do. Especially my 'funny' letter to Mr Stephen Elop and my Apple - Google lifestyle articles did very well. I've updated the comment system to make it easier for you to let me know if there is something you would like me to write about.
- Quitting my job was also decision towards change, a healthier lifestyle is part of that. Instead of a quick bite I go to the shop regularly and try to make food from fresh ingredients. The highlight must have been my home made 'snert'.
- I'm having regular meetings with people in my network. These are interesting and valuable, because being unattached give them a new perspective. They help me a new direction and I'm pretty sure something good will come out of them.
- I'm in the process to start my own business, so I can start doing some freelance or interim work. I created a presentation on how I can possibly help you. Feel free to spread the word and contact me to explore further.
- I've some great ideas for a web startups and even have a working first prototype and I'm currently working on a business plan to evaluate if and how I can bring this to market. I'm pitching it with people I trust to see if there is any chance it could succeed. If this works out positive I will depending on the required investments create a plan towards launch. In the meantime I can use help on interaction and graphical design, python coding, how to documents and videos and mobile app development. I can't pay you, but it will look good on your CV and I will share future success. Let me know if your interested and subscribe to make sure you keep updated on the progress.
- Everybody should regularly take some time off! I'm aware this is not feasible for everyone, but you can plan and choose to do so.
- The freedom, the time to dream, the lack of a schedule all increased my creativity and helps me to think even further away from the box.
- There are many other things to do than work.
What is next? Vacation for two weeks to South Africa, because now I got the time to stock up on some travels. Feel free to follow the trip to South Africa at my favorite travel blogging solution OnTheRoad.to
Image credit: Jackie