- The surface computer is very cool... especially if you see it live in action
- MS does invest heavily in the cloud, but seems to have difficulties to make choices
- 64bit is the only way forward.. many next gen. server products will be 64bit only.
- Office Business Applications, the MS answer for corporate Mash ups, but more likely a way to protect the Office Client
- Very inspiring presentation on different business models from license, advertisement to subscription and transactions based. It's good to see the MS is learning not to only focus on technology
- MS on mobility... MS is a complex company, so are their Mobile solutions... see also: Apple iPhone versus HTC Touch
Microsoft ISV - Platform Strategy Review 2007
The last 2 days I spend a the Microsoft campus for a Platform Strategy Reviews specially designed for ISV's. It was an NDA event and I don't want to get into trouble ;-) but still a few observations: